Next Generation GP H&W
Available till 12/12/2020
As the landscape of the NHS changes rapidly, the centre of gravity is moving rapidly towards primary care. That said, with the largest curriculum and the shortest time to learn it all, many of us start out without a clear understanding of our healthcare system, or the tools to lead change effectively. Our driving force behind the creation of this programme is our belief that sustainable change in the NHS is based on the strength of the people behind it.
Next Generation GP aims to:
1. ENERGISE: through access to the stories, perspectives and expertise of inspiring leaders at the forefront of primary care.
2. ENGAGE: through a supportive network of like-minded trainees and early-career GPs
3. EMPOWER: through a series of workshops designed to increase your ability to shape care
within and beyond your organisation.
Next Generation GP is for GP trainees and early career GPs (up to 7 years post CCT with allowances for parental leave etc) with an interest in health policy and the wider NHS. Applications will be accepted from colleagues within the Herefordshire and Worcestershire STP.
Please find the person specification here: http://bit.ly/nextgenspec
Upcoming session dates and speakers:
1. Thursday 7th January 2021 - Interview with Dr Nikki Kanani MBE, Director of Primary Care, NHSE
2. Wednesday 10th February 2021- Herefordshire and Worcestershire ICS and PCN CD panel interview, Simon Trickett, Accountable Officer NHS Herefordshire & Worcestershire CCG/STP Lead and H&W PCN CDs
3. Tuesday 2nd March 2021- Hannah Miller, Strengths Coach, Hello Sidekickco
4. Wednesday 14th April 2021- Dr Martin McShane, Chief Medical Officer UK, Optum International
5. Tuesday 11th May 2021- Professor Michael West CBE, Senior Visiting Fellow, The King’s Fund
6. Tuesday 15th June 2021- David Blackadder-Weinstein, Head of Communications and Public Relations,
Applicants must be able to commit to attend 4 of 6 events.
Applications are open now, and will close Friday 11th December 2020 at 12 noon.
Applicants are invited to submit, via an application form, a very brief expression of interest outlining their motivation for applying to the programme below.
Link to application form: https://bit.ly/NextGGPHW2021
For more information, visit our website at: http://bit.ly/NextGGP
A video about the programme can be found at: https://youtu.be/uri4_mxbrTk
Get in touch with us if you have any questions, via email: herefordandworcestershire@